Hunter Valley Brumby Association
All Donations over $2
Fully Tax Deductible!
Our adoption program is different from most because we place no limit on the length of time a Brumby is in our care. This means we have the luxury of being able to take our time choosing the best owner for each and every Brumby that comes through our doors. Brumbies form extremely strong bonds with their owners, and do not cope well with being bounced from home to home. Due to this, our aim is to find dedicated FOREVER homes for our Brumbies and we carefully assess them and do our best to match them with the right owner. Please be guided by our advice as we work with the Brumbies from the day they arrive at our Sanctuary and each Brumby has a unique personality.
The adoption fee for HVBA Brumbies is $1500 regardless of colour, age, height or personality as these things do not affect their value in our eyes. They are priced based on level of training and are all sold with the same very high standard of ground work skills (Adoption fees for saddle started Brumbies may differ). The HVBA is a not for profit organisation and the adoption fee does not come close to covering the cost to us of saving your Brumby, but it does go directly towards helping us give more Brumby’s the second chance at life they all deserve.
All new owners must agree to the adoption terms and conditions. We pride ourselves on providing professional care and handling of all of our Brumbies and ensure that all of the ground work is done for you. Check out our testimonials to hear about what its like to adopt a Brumby from the HVBA.
Brumbies available for adoption:
* have a certificate of capture signed by NPWS - so you know you are buying a genuine Brumby,
* registered with the Australian Brumby Horse Register,
* microchipped and registered with the Australian Animal Registry,
* farrier trimmed and regularly wormed,
* full dental of all Brumbies over 2 years of age and professionally aged,
* all colts are gelded,
* are in excellent health and provided with full medical reports,
* fully ground worked, tie up, worked with different objects for de-sensitiation - cars, mowers, cats, dogs, chooks, ropes, tarps etc, led off the property, float loaded and taken for their first drive - approximately 10 months of training,
* come with full documents, personalised reports of each individual Brumby, care reports and a USB with complete picture diary from the time your Brumby arrived!
* All adoption fees go directly to rescuing and caring for new Brumbies
*** Adoption fee is $1500, unless otherwise stated. We also offer 'Path to Adoption' payment plans as an alternative way to pay.
** No Brumbies will be sold sight unseen.
** To avoid impulse buys, no Brumbies will be released from our care upon the first visit.
The HVBA team cares deeply for our Brumbies and for this reason are willing to offer a lot of after sale assistance to our new owners if requested. While we hope to keep in contact with our new owners, the adoption contract is final and, unless the Brumby has been placed on a Boomarang Contract, the Brumby becomes the sole property of the owner.
Please see adoption terms and conditions for more information.
We welcome inquiries and will be listing Brumbies as they become available. We have had plenty of new arrivals in 2015 and they will be available in 2016 - watch this space!